The NECA staff will administer the NECA Scholarship Program in coordination with the schools.
The schools will assume the following responsibilities in the administration of the NECA Scholarship Program:
- To screen applicants, selecting as candidates those applicants that meet all of the eligibility requirements of the NECA Scholarship Program.
- To recommend, on annual basis, candidate’s that meets all of the requirements of the NECA Scholarship Program, for the award of a NECA Scholarship. This recommendation will be made so that it can be presented to the NECA Board of Directors at the regularly scheduled Board meetings.
- To coordinate with the NECA staff in the transfer of the scholarship award, once a recipient of the NECA Scholarship has been chosen.
- To monitor the student’s academic progress, and to provide the NECA staff, prior to the Board meetings, with a report on the progress on the NECA Scholarship recipient, including a transcript of the recipient’s mid-term grades.
- To transmit to the NECA staff, at the completion of each semester, a transcript of the student’s final semester grades.
- To provide to the NECA staff, at the completion of each semester, a report from the student’s counselor, indicating the student’s progress the previous semester.
- To require that, at the completion of each semester, the student prepares a report to the NECA Board of Director, outlining his or her progress in the declared field of study the previous semester.