It is the expressed objective of the NECA Scholarship Program that financial aid be provided to deserving Navajo students to assist them in completion of a college education. We desire these students become productive, contributing members of the Navajo Nation. The awarded scholarship amount is $1,500 per term.
II. Scholarship Recipient Checklist
- Submit your official e-transcript.
- Submit a progress letter. The intent is to communicate to the NECA board of directors on things you’ve learned from your classes or projects, any community service, clubs, outreach programs, etc.
- Submit transcript and progress letter at the end of your fall and spring term.
III. New Applicants
- All correspondence will be with the student only.
- There is no application form (see checklist below paragraph IV).
- The scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Scholarship is available for construction, engineering, business majors and skilled trade programs.
- Submit all required documents together (see checklist below paragraph IV) via email, fax, mail, or in person.
- The NECA board of directors reviews and approves all documents on a quarterly basis.
- Document submission deadlines are;
- Fall funding submission dates are 4/1 and 7/1
- Spring funding submission dates are 10/1 and 1/1
- Awarded recipients will be notified by email only.
- There is no summer funding available.
IV. New Applicant Checklist
- Must be a full-time student, 12 credit hours or more.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Submit an enrollment of verification or letter of admission.
- A financial need analysis (FNA) form filled out by your school. The school will identify your financial needs. Click here to download.
- Submit a letter of interest. Please share your bio, goals, and most importantly your contact information.
- Submit an official transcript.
- Submit a copy of your CIB.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a school faculty member.
Scholarship Administrator – Derrick Zahne, CFO
Mail: PO Box 969, Shiprock NM, 87420
Physical: 1 Uranium Blvd, Shiprock NM, 87420