It is the expressed objective of the NECA Scholarship Program that financial aid be provided to deserving Navajo students to assist them in completion of a college education. We desire these students become productive, contributing members of the Navajo Nation. The awarded scholarship amount is $1,500 per term.
II. Existing Recipient Checklist
- Submit your completed term e-transcript.
- Submit a progress letter. The intent is to communicate to the NECA board of directors on things you’ve learned from your classes or projects, any community service, clubs, outreach programs, etc.
III. New Applicants
- There is no formal application.
- The scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Submit all required documents [see section IV] via email, fax, mail, or in person.
- Submitted documents are reviewed by scholarship administrator.
- The NECA board of directors reviews and approves all documents on a quarterly basis.
- Document submission deadlines are; January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, October 1st.
- Awarded recipients will be notified by email only.
- The NECA scholarship is awarded for fall and spring terms.
IV. New Applicant Checklist
- All correspondence will be with the student only.
- Must be a full-time student, 12 credit hours or more.
- Maintain a 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Submit an enrollment of verification or letter of admission.
- A financial need analysis (FNA) form filled out by your school. The school will identify your financial needs. Click here to download.
- Submit a letter of interest. Please share your bio, goals, and most importantly your contact information.
- Submit an official transcript.
- Submit a copy of your CIB.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your school faculty.
Scholarship Administrator – Derrick Zahne, CFO
Mail: PO Box 969, Shiprock NM, 87420
Physical: 1 Uranium Blvd, Shiprock NM, 87420